When Medicine Is Needed That Same Day
If you need medicine right away, you can enroll in Bridges to Access through your Advocate (ie, someone involved in the delivery of your healthcare). Phone enrollment by an Advocate allows you to receive your medicine the same day. Here's how it works:
1. Complete the Application
- Complete, print, and sign the Bridges to Access enrollment application.
- For help completing the application, call Bridges to Access at 1-866-PATIENT (1-866-728-4368).
2. Gather Income Documentation
3. Select an Advocate to Enroll You by Phone
- Select someone involved in your healthcare to enroll you into Bridges to Access; by telephone. This person may be a health care worker, social worker, case worker, or anyone involved in the delivery of your healthcare. This person is your Advocate.
- Review the completed application and documents with your Advocate.
- Your Advocate will call 1-866-PATIENT (1-866-728-4368) to find out if you are eligible to receive medicine.
- During the enrollment phone call, your Advocate will be told whether or not you qualify for the program.
If eligible, you may pick up your medicine that day at any retail pharmacy with your prescription. In the meantime, your Advocate must either fax or mail your application and documentation to Bridges to Access after the enrollment phone call. Please note that faxed prescriptions are only valid if faxed directly from a physician’s office.
How to Re-enroll
For details on how to re-enroll in Bridges to Access, click here.
How to Receive Medication
To find out how to receive medication and refills, click here.